Friday, August 12, 2011

PETS; Best!


All summer I've been getting my outdoor workouts in by riding my bike to RexPlex, then running around Lake Andrea. Nice, but boring. Today I decided to spice things up and get in some overdue NORTHSIDE face time. I rode the lakefront bike trail (newly paved) to Petrified Springs Park, locked up my bike and ran.
Today was the perfect reminder of what I've been missing. I realized how fabulous PETS really is and that I need to get it back on the regular rotation. From a fitness standpoint, the hills on country road A are good for running/biking. From a leisure standpoint, PETS has everything you need: clean bathrooms, picnic tables, running water, shaded areas, volleyball net, trails, creek fishing, playgrounds, grills, dog parks, vending machines... the list goes on.
It was a quiet day and the sun seemed to be hitting each spot just right. As I was running through I kept reminiscing of all the fun times I've had at PETS throughout my years in Kenosha. Family times as a kid, skiing with my dad, mushroom picking with my mom, playing tag in the woods, searching for the famous 'witch's house'... I'm glad I headed NORTH today, PETS it is for the rest of the summer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment